Once you’ve decided to get a puppy, the excitement is almost too much to handle! While it’s easy to imagine all of the fun you’ll have playing with your puppy and taking him for walks, it’s also easy to forget how much work goes into training your new, furry friend. The most important aspect of puppy training is consistency. If you’re not sure where to start, or you feel like you need additional support, Don’s Behavioral Dog Training is here to help right here in Elk River, Minnesota! Don has more than 40 years of experience with puppy training and loves helping families welcome their newest family member with confidence and ease.
Our puppy training program includes a consultation, four, one-hour sessions over the course of four weeks and ongoing telephone or email support. We will teach you and your puppy basic obedience commands such as sit, down, stay, heel, drop and the recall command. We will also discuss potty training, crate training, feeding schedules and any other concerns you may have. If you already have a puppy and need some tips and tricks to get you started, the following are essential for success:
- Begin a regular feeding schedule
- Always take your puppy outside first thing in the morning, after meals and right before bed
- Ideally, your puppy will also go outside once an hour
- You should instruct your puppy to go potty in the same spot every time
- Reward your puppy for going potty outside
- If your puppy is barking, whining, sniffing, circling or scratching at the door, take them outside right away
For the best puppy training results, contact us today to learn more about our puppy training services!